Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Coastal Scents Undercover High Definition Foundation

I have been using this foundation for a couple of weeks now and so I decided to do a little review. This is a medium coverage foundation (compared with Revlon Color Stay). I tried a few different ways to get the best coverage and finish.
First I used my fingers. That works great. The foundation blended well and didn't look too heavy or too light. I used the MAC 190 to go lightly over the corners of my nose and the edges of my face just to make sure every thing is nice and blended.
Next I tried the MAC 190 brush. I felt the foundation got a little cakey.
I also tried the MAC 187 brush. Usually I only use this brush if I want light coverage. I thought it gave a great finish and blended nicely.
Next I tried 2 different powders to set the foundation. I tried the MUFE HD powder and some L'oreal loose powder that I forget the name of. The MUFE worked WAY better. It allowed the foundation to keep the finish and helped it stay put longer.
I think this is a great foundation. I really love the pump that comes with it, it's easy to blend, and it is long lasting. The only things I don't care for are that it can get cakey if you don't moisturize well or if you use too much. Also, you have to pick a color off the website. I have trouble picking a color in person let alone on a website.
I think this foundation is definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment