Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mix and Match Foundations






Lately I have been experimenting with the different foundations that I have. I have Revlon ColorStay, Revlon PhotoReady, and I have a liquid bronzer, L'Oreal's True Match bronzer.
The ColorStay is too dark for my skin tone and the PhotoReady is a bit too light so I've been mixing them together to get a better color.

ColorStay + PhotoReady: I really like this combination. The shade when mixed together is pretty good but what I mostly like about this combo is the coverage it gives. The ColorStay perks up my complexion and gives more coverage than the PhotoReady but without being too heavy. I mix the two together between my fingers and apply with my hands. Than I take the MAC 109 and swirl it over my face to get a softer more blended look.

PhotoReady + L'Oreal True Match bronzer: This is a great combination because the bronzer adds color to your face without looking like you have a too-dark foundation on. It gives a little glow and color, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I mix the two between my fingers and apply with my hands then buff with 109. If you want to add more color on top, say from a powder bronzer, you can do so without worrying that the color will look weird or unnatural. The consistency is nice and light as well.

Both great combos but I'm loving the PhotoReady + bronzer the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment