Thursday, July 1, 2010

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse


I'm going to start this review by saying what I don't like about this product. Its packaging! So, I'm not the greatest when it comes to picking out a shade of foundation from the drugstore but when I can't even see the product in the packaging it's impossible! Luckily for me, I follow NouveauCheap's blog (http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com) and she was able to test the products out. In her post she mentioned that she was a NC20 and the 3rd shade from the left matched her perfectly. Well, I'm around that same shade so I got the 3rd one from the left. (Mind you, I don't know if it's the same shade because there could have been more or less shades to pick from than what she had.) Anyway, I found it at Walgreens for $9.79 I believe but Ulta had it for $7.99 and they also had a $2.00 off coupon available, which I used when I bought it. So $5.99 for this little guy is not bad.
I've been using it for a few days and I really like it. It's fairly buildable. You can use it as a light foundation or medium. I wouldn't try to build it any further than that though. I can see it getting cakey. It gives a great even coverage when used with a sponge and it lasts almost all day.
This will not be my go-to foundation but I will use it for touch ups. I think this product will be great for allergy and cold season when you need to touch up around your nose. It's small and compact so it fits nicely in your purse as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment