Tuesday, August 10, 2010

2-Week Manicure


I mentioned in a previous post that I can’t get my manicures to last more than a day or two and I can’t figure out why. Well, I was reading the August issue of InStyle magazine and I came across an article that claimed to be able to tell me the secret of a 2-week manicure. Yes people, 2 WEEKS! Not only that but after reading the step 2, I discovered she tells you to do the opposite of what I’ve always been told to do. Well of course I had to try it out for myself. The manicurist who came up with this “secret” is Josephine Allen. InStyle breaks the secret down into 4 easy steps. Here they are (paraphrased):

1. “Do 1 ½ base coats” The 1st coat just on the upper half of the nail, let dry for 1 minute. The 2nd coat on the whole nail.

2. “Pile on the Polish” Apply 2 thick coats of polish. (I don’t know about you, but everything I’ve read or heard has always said to do 2 thin layers)

3. “Seal the Deal” Use 2 top coats. (The article suggests Nailtiques 2, followed by Seche Clear. This is the only spot in the article wear it suggests a specific brand be used. I didn’t have either of these so I substituted a “strengthening clear coat and a regular top coat)

4. Cool It! Dip your hands in and out of a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes. “This helps to set the lacquer.

That’s it. I did this yesterday (08/09/10) and so far so good. I’ll let you know at the first sign of a chip. I hope this works though cause having a manicure that lasts more than 2 days would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment